Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dear Diary...

My Secret Adviser,

I am filled with conflicting emotions about the present events.  My agreement to marry Romeo Montague and Juliet Capulet was done with good intentions.  I had hoped that it would end the feud between their families.  Evidently, it has not.

I was aghast to learn of the fighting that broke out in the streets just a day ago between Tybalt, Mercuito, and eventually Romeo!  Because Tybalt slew Mercuito, Romeo responded rashly by killing Tybalt. Romeo is exiled to Mantua and Juliet is hysteric. She sent Nurse to arrange a way for them to meet. I fear for both of their safeties.  Yet, I am confident that Romeo will do anything to see Juliet, even if it results in his death.  I am unsure of how to proceed in the current circumstances.  I feel obligated to help Romeo escape death but look on with some apprehension.  I am constantly seeking out ways to remain hidden and for no one to discover my part in this.

My hope is that Romeo and Juliet will be able to see each other no matter what the circumstances.  Somehow, though, I don't think this will be that easy.


Friar Lawrence

1 comment:

  1. Great job writing from Friar Lawrence's point-of-view. I think you capture his feelings really well and show how torn he is feeling. I also really like your "Quote of the Day!"

    ReplyDelete